Acceptance of Terms
Two Cents per Mile provides the services (defined below) to you. They are subject to the following Terms. Note: we may update Terms without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the Terms at http://www.twocentspermile.org/?page_id=915. By accessing and using the Two Cents per Mile website, you accept and agree to terms and provision listed below. Also, when using Two Cents per Mile service you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules, which may be modified from time to time. All such guidelines or rules (including but not limited to our Spam Policy) are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms.
Two Cents per Mile provides users with access to a rich collection of resources, which may be accessed through any various medium or device. You also understand and agree that the Two Cents per Mile Services may include advertisements. You also understand and agree that the Two Cents per Mile Services may include certain communications from Two Cents per Mile, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Two Cents per Mile Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of Two Cents per Mile membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. You understand and agree that the Two Cents per Mile Services is provided “AS-IS” and that Two Cents per Mile assumes no responsibility for the deletion, timeliness, incorrect delivery or failure to store user communications or settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Two Cents per Mile Services, and that access may involve third party fees, e.g. Internet service provider charges. In addition, you are responsible for obtaining all equipment necessary to access the Two Cents per Mile Services.
Member / Contributor / Visitor Obligations
In consideration of your use of the Two Cents per Mile Services, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving the Two Cents per Mile Services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself when prompted by the Two Cents per Mile, maintain, and promptly update the registration date. Please remember that the Two Cents per Mile! Services is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, as the legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether any of the Two Cents per Mile Services areas and/or Content are appropriate for your child.
Member / Contributor / Visitor Conduct
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Two Cents per Mile, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Two Cents per Mile Services. Two Cents per Mile does not control the Content posted via the Two Cents per Mile! Services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Two Cents per Mile, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances, will Two Cents per Mile be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Two Cents per Mile Services.
You agree to not use the Two Cents per Mile Services to:
- harm minors in any way;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Two Cents per Mile official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Two Cents per Mile! Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose (please read our complete Spam Policy);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Two Cents per Mile Services are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Two Cents per Mile! Services or servers or networks connected to the Two Cents per Mile! Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Two Cents per Mile! Services, including using any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law
- provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
You acknowledge that Two Cents per Mile may or may not pre-screen Content, but that Two Cents per Mile shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any Content that is available via the Two Cents per Mile Services. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by Two Cents per Mile or submitted to Two Cents per Mile.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Two Cents per Mile may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: comply with legal process; enforce the Terms; respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; respond to your requests for customer service; or protect the rights, property or personal safety of Two Cents per Mile, its users and the public.
Submitted Content or Content Available for Inclusion on the Two Cents per Mile Service
Two Cents per Mile does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Two Cents per Mile Services except for purchased and /or paid content. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Two Cents per Mile Services, you grant Two Cents per Mile the following worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable.
You agree to indemnify and hold Two Cents per Mile and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit post, transmit, modify or otherwise make available through the Two Cents per Mile Services, your use of the Two Cents per Mile Services, your connection to the Two Cents per Mile Services, your violation of the Terms, or your violation of any rights of another.
The Two Cents per Mile Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Two Cents per Mile is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
Two Cents per Mile respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Two Cents per Mile the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Two Cents per Mile claims of copyright or other intellectual property agent can be reached as follows:
By email: email@example.com
Last updated February 4, 2010